Monday, May 15, 2006

ftp.osuosl.org :: Oregon State University Open Source Lab

ftp.osuosl.org :: Oregon State University Open Source Lab

If you've been looking at my GooglePages site (*cricket*) you know I've been trying out Firefox 2.0 Beta 2, codenamed Bon Echo. It's a very solid browser, considering it's a beta, and the additions are very nice. It took me a bit to find where to get it, finally doing a search for it's version number on Google, 2.0a2. I'll link here to where I got it, in case you guys wanna test it too.

Remember, though, most extensions won't work with the new beta, though, in the case of some, that is easily fixed. You just have to change the max version that the extension reports should use. I'll leave that as an exercise to you, although if someone asks, I'll show how.

I have altered 2 extensions that didn't work, and needed, so I'll offer those up front. They are on my GooglePages page here.

Ash out.

No comments: