Friday, June 17, 2005

Scientology - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Scientology - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia:

"have characterized the Church of Scientology as an unscrupulous commercial organization; it has often been described not as a religion, but a man-made cult that harrasses its critics and exploits its members. Many of the Church's most controversial actions are, critics argue, a direct reflection of Hubbard's Scientology teachings."

But can't the same be said of all religions?

This reminds me of some popular lines that I will never forget, from the much-acclaimed game Castlevania: Symphony of the Night.

Richter: Die monster! You don't belong in this world!
Dracula: It was not by my hand that I am once again given flesh. I was called here by humans who wish to pay me tribute.
Richter: Tribute? You steal men's souls and make them your slaves!
Dracula: Perhaps the same can be said of all religions.
Richter: Your words are as empty as your soul! Mankind ill needs a savior such as you?
Dracula: What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets? But enough talk, have at you!

No comments: