Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Update...

Now, those faithful to reading my posts(yeah, all 3 of you) will have probably noticed my lack of updates lately. Well, it's time to dump everything down, show you what's been going on.

First, and most important, is my serious lack of time. I mean, I work from 0:00 to 6:30, study from 7:30 to 15:00, and sleep from 16:00 to 22:00. Ideally. Usually it's close to that, but I make space in corners(usually sacrificing sleep) in order to do other things that I want to do.

On weekends I have a bit more time, but this is used in trying to catch up with real life, seeing as how it pretty much leaves me behind during the week.

Now, to get the most traumatic thing out, me and my girlfriend of 3+ years, Chrisenid, broke up. Normally this wouldn't be of much concern, since during the length of our relationship we've had our arguments, break up, and get back together in a bit under 2 days. But this one could potentially be IT. Why? Well, I think i've lost that "spark" that animates a relationship. You see, lately, her jealousy, while unfounded, has been fueled by my behavior, I guess, and since I barely have any time for me, i've been taking from her time in order to do things I want to do. As would anyone, this set her off. And when combined with the previous point, this causes her to limit. Now, instead of a fight of epic proportions, we've just had infuriating and annoying comments every day for the past 2 weeks to a month. Such a long amount of time with more bad things than good, to be sincere, has completely killed it. It's done. Over.

I would love to fix things, if not for the fact that I don't want to feel like I've wasted 3 years of my life, then because of the fact that I would spend them again in a heartbeat if I had the chance, and many more if the oportunity arose, but not in the current state the relationship had going. This was hell on earth.

As for my writings, I have 3 writings that have pretty much surfaced in parallel. 2 are with Kayrin, 1 a continuation on V, and another a little side story I'm doing for Keila, my new female best friend(in fact, my only female best friend since I finished high school.) The third story is based in White Wolf's Mage game, based on the alter egos my friends and I used when we played. Back when I had time to play. Stay tuned, I'll try to post them in the week. If I don't, well, then I'm sorry. Life has this way of interfering with what I want to do, it's really unnerving.

As a side note, I've started to try and recollect all books from the Drizzt line by R.A. Salvatore and all of William Gibson's books as well. Reading Count Zero now, and already bought Mona Lisa Overdrive. Also bought the first volume of Megatokyo today, my small donation to Fred Gallagher's great work. Keep at it, buddy. You have single-handedly made my work nights much more fun. Volumes 2 and 3 have already been reserved at the local Borders. I *MUST* have them.

I've found a few hours to play World of Warcraft, and Kyra is now Lv. 55. Kayrim is Lv. 13 now, mostly because of the insane amount of Rested Points I have acquired for the both of them by not playing. Thinking of starting an Undead Mage on another server. But I'd like to get to 60 first. If only I could party more regularly. So, if you need a Priest for Sunken Temple or any other high-end instance, do send me a tell. I'm on the Shattered Hand server. Please?

Ash out.

No comments: